Goals After Having Done ISTE 2016


Well ISTE 2016 has completed and this is how I currently feel...


It was definitely an amazing experience... maybe even better than Disney World!

Since the conference was insanely large I did get many many many ideas and resources so what I am currently going to do is select 2 goals to focus on for the beginning of the year. Once I feel I have gained experience and can do them easily I will move on to new goals. 

Goal #1: Video Integration
I plan on first starting by researching and learning from YOUTUBE educational channels. I can see the types of things incorporated and also learn time management for a video.
Here are a few of the MATH related channels that were shared with me (there are definitely a TON more and for other subjects; if you want that list just let me know):
MathAndScienceNow 
MathTrain
MathTV
MathWithMrAlmeida
Numberphile

This can help me start creating my own youtube videos which can be included in google forms,  itslearning, stations in/out of my classroom, or even creating a hangout in which my students can communicate with others outside our classroom. 
Youtube is not the only place where you can create videos but it is where I fist plan on doing this because there are already so many products out there that I could also use. 
Here is a small list of other online sources you can use to create videos that are interactive for a flipped/blended classroom which is where I am headed:
Zaption
Edpuzzle
Playposit
H5P
WeVideo


Goal #2: Student Creation
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn" -Benjamin Franklin
"Knowledge is not something a learner absorbs, but something a learner creates" - Innovators Mindset

These are definitely quotes that have impacted the way I think about teaching! Honestly I have to agree!!! I will begin my school year and make sure that all through out students are the ones digging in the math and creating with it. One of the easiest ways I can immediately see students doing is creating their own videos whether it be to explain, show the process of an experiment, or visualize the math. 

Here is a small list of online sources that can help with student creation (as well as teacher creation):
ExplainEverything is an app to download but is free
ShowMe
Desmos has activities created but can be used to create graphs

I will be posting pictures through out the school year to show my goals as they occur! If you have any ideas or sources please share!!! 

Comments